Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Lincolnshire, IL based Klein Tools has opened its new state-of-the-art heat treating facility in Mansfield, TX. With the opening of this facility, Klein Tools continues to invest in U.S. manufacturing.
The U.S.-based tool manufacturer focuses on electrical and utility applications. It offers a full line of electrical tool products made from high quality materials.
“Since 1857, Klein Tools has been manufacturing tools in America, and it’s as important for us to keep that tradition now as it was more than 150 years ago,” said Thomas R. Klein, president of Klein Tools. “The opening of our new heat treating facility in Mansfield will help us keep up with product demand, streamline operations to stay competitive and provide American jobs in advanced manufacturing.”
Klein Tools has already added a total of 200 jobs in Mansfield with two advanced manufacturing plants through the help of Texas Gov. Perry. Klein Tools chose Mansfield in part because of incentives from The Texas Enterprise Fund, which was created to entice businesses to relocate to Texas.
“Texas has created a world-class economic climate based on low taxes, smart regulations and fair courts that gives innovative businesses the opportunity to create jobs and quality, American-made products,” said Gov. Rick Perry. “Klein Tools is a valued member of the Texas and Mansfield communities and has created hundreds of jobs for hardworking Texans. We look forward to their continued success with this new facility.”
Local officials echo the same sentiments, thanking Klein Tools for bringing more manufacturing jobs to their backyards.
“Klein Tools has proven to be a great community partner to Mansfield with the opening of their second plant,” said Scott Welmaker, director of economic development for the city of Mansfield. “Klein Tools has continued to find ways to produce and provide quality handcrafted tools that are made right here in Mansfield. It’s encouraging to see a company find ways to keep good manufacturing jobs here at home.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities