January/February 2014 Issue (Volume 47, Number 1)
Business Facilities: January/February 2014
FIRST WORD | And The Winners Are
SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… | with Larry V. Parman, Secretary, Oklahoma Department of Commerce
FEATURE STORY: 2013 Economic Development Deal of the Year Awards | Gold, Silver and Bronze award winners are profiled in this article. Honorable Mentions are also included.
BUSINESS REPORT: Georgia – A Harvest Of Ripe Jobs | GA notched a 10-percent surge in job creation in fiscal 2013, with 389 companies investing $6 billion.
FEATURE STORY: Governor’s Report – Ringing The Bell For Growth | Join us as we ride shotgun with Gov. Tom Corbett, who gives us an exclusive overview of the dynamic growth strategy yielding solid results in the Keystone State.
STATE FOCUS: Utah – Business And Life Are Elevated In The Beehive State | Like the mighty Rockies looming over everything, Utah’s business development is reaching for the sky.
COVER STORY: State Of The Year – Tennessee | The Volunteer State motors into our winner’s circle with a versatile growth engine that’s hitting on all cylinders and creating thousands of jobs from Kingsport to Memphis.
BUSINESS REPORT: Florida – AeroTurbine Opens HQ In Miramar As Florida Aerospace Grows | AeroTurbine’s new HQ in Miramar expands the Sunshine State’s bounty of more than 2,000 aviation companies.
BUSINESS REPORT: Ontario – Ontario Unveils Plans To Achieve Energy Balance | The Ministry of Energy unveils its most ambitious plan yet to ensure that Canada’s economic engine is fully powered.
BUSINESS REPORT: Indiana – Hat World Puts Expanded Headquarters In Zionsville, IN | Hat World, parent of the LIDS retail chain, invests $21.8 million in its Zionsville HQ and distribution ops.
FEATURE STORY: Workforce Training – Workforce Development Programs…The Recipe For Success | This article takes an in-depth look at some of the most innovative workforce development programs in the nation.
STATE FOCUS: Kansas – Kansas Focuses On The All-Around | It’s time to tap your red shoes together and find out why Kansas offers one of the most business-friendly environments in the U.S.
BUSINESS REPORT: Missouri – Joplin Area Rises From The Rubble And Reaches For New Heights | Prepare to be inspired as we give you and update of Joplin’s amazing recovery from 2011’s monster tornado.
BUSINESS REPORT: Virginia – Stafford County, Where Connectivity And Opportunity Intersect | With a new dark-fiber network, Stafford County will meet the 21st-century needs of tech leaders.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming