Business Facilities: January/February 2014
FIRST WORD | And The Winners Are
SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… | with Larry V. Parman, Secretary, Oklahoma Department of Commerce
FEATURE STORY: 2013 Economic Development Deal of the Year Awards | Gold, Silver and Bronze award winners are profiled in this article. Honorable Mentions are also included.
BUSINESS REPORT: Georgia – A Harvest Of Ripe Jobs | GA notched a 10-percent surge in job creation in fiscal 2013, with 389 companies investing $6 billion.
FEATURE STORY: Governor’s Report – Ringing The Bell For Growth | Join us as we ride shotgun with Gov. Tom Corbett, who gives us an exclusive overview of the dynamic growth strategy yielding solid results in the Keystone State.
STATE FOCUS: Utah – Business And Life Are Elevated In The Beehive State | Like the mighty Rockies looming over everything, Utah’s business development is reaching for the sky.
COVER STORY: State Of The Year – Tennessee | The Volunteer State motors into our winner’s circle with a versatile growth engine that’s hitting on all cylinders and creating thousands of jobs from Kingsport to Memphis.
BUSINESS REPORT: Florida – AeroTurbine Opens HQ In Miramar As Florida Aerospace Grows | AeroTurbine’s new HQ in Miramar expands the Sunshine State’s bounty of more than 2,000 aviation companies.
BUSINESS REPORT: Ontario – Ontario Unveils Plans To Achieve Energy Balance | The Ministry of Energy unveils its most ambitious plan yet to ensure that Canada’s economic engine is fully powered.
BUSINESS REPORT: Indiana – Hat World Puts Expanded Headquarters In Zionsville, IN | Hat World, parent of the LIDS retail chain, invests $21.8 million in its Zionsville HQ and distribution ops.
FEATURE STORY: Workforce Training – Workforce Development Programs…The Recipe For Success | This article takes an in-depth look at some of the most innovative workforce development programs in the nation.
STATE FOCUS: Kansas – Kansas Focuses On The All-Around | It’s time to tap your red shoes together and find out why Kansas offers one of the most business-friendly environments in the U.S.
BUSINESS REPORT: Missouri – Joplin Area Rises From The Rubble And Reaches For New Heights | Prepare to be inspired as we give you and update of Joplin’s amazing recovery from 2011’s monster tornado.
BUSINESS REPORT: Virginia – Stafford County, Where Connectivity And Opportunity Intersect | With a new dark-fiber network, Stafford County will meet the 21st-century needs of tech leaders.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion