German 3-D Printing Company voxeljet To Open In Canton, MI
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Gov. Rick Snyder has announced that voxeljet, a provider of high-speed, large-format 3-D printers will locate its first U.S. facility in Canton, MI.
“The decision by voxeljet to locate its first U.S. facility in Michigan is good news that underscores our state’s attractiveness to leading-edge, global companies,” Snyder said. “As the global center of automotive technology, research and development with a greatly improved business climate, Michigan is the smart business location to grow a technology business and create high-tech manufacturing jobs.”
The company’s first U.S. service center is expected to come online in the third quarter of this year and will allow voxeljet to print on-demand parts, molds, cores and models for automotive and other industrial customers based on designs produced using 3-D computer-aided design (CAD) software.
“The decision to place voxeljet’s first U.S. service center in Michigan is based on the proximity of the site to potential customers in the Midwest region that form a significant part of the U.S. automobile industry and its supply chain,” said Dr. Ingo Ederer, voxeljet’s chief executive officer. “While voxeljet’s customers span a range of industries, the auto industry is currently the heaviest user of our 3-D printing technology. We have extensive experience serving the 3-D printing needs of European automakers and we look forward to serving manufacturers in the U.S.”
“The marketplace today is global and to stay competitive, we must be aggressive in reaching out to world-class companies and continue our push that creates more and better jobs for Michiganders,” Snyder said.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming