Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Smarter Grid Solutions has opened its first U.S. office. At an event attended by the Rt Hon Alex Salmond MSP, First Minister of Scotland, the company signed global agreements with smart grid companies Silver Spring Networks and HEVO Power that will support future growth.
Headquartered in Glasgow, UK, Smarter Grid Solutions is at the forefront of smart grid technology. The company creates products that enable power companies and utilities to increase their existing grid capacity in order to connect more renewable energy and respond to the global rise in demand for electricity. The company is Europe’s leading vendor of Distributed Energy Resource (DER) integration solutions and has already won a contract with Con Edison to model and simulate microgrid applications for the New York metro area. In the UK, it works with five of the country’s six electricity distribution network operators.
Speaking at the opening, Mr Salmond, First Minister of Scotland, said:
“Smarter Grid Solutions is an excellent example of how a Scottish company can take pioneering research and create a successful, growing business overseas. The company is working to prepare the power grid for important changes, like the growth in electric vehicles and new ways to store greener energy.
“It’s fantastic to see Scottish companies take their knowledge and expertise around the globe….I witnessed Smarter Grid Solutions signing new deals and developing relationships with new customers. I wish them the best of luck as they continue to grow and expand.”
Dr. Bob Currie, Smarter Grid Solutions’ CTO and Co-Founder, said:
“In the short time we have been operating in New York, we have identified significant opportunities to accelerate our growth and have already started work with a number of prominent organizations in the smart grid sector. Our technology and solutions are being well received and leading to important new business relationships….”
The new office is situated within New York City’s Urban Future Lab, the city’s premiere clean and resilient technology incubator. It is the product of a partnership between NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering and The City and State of New York. Smarter Grid Solutions is the Lab’s first international tenant.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities