DaVita Labs Expands Footprint In DeLand, FL
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
DaVita®, a division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc. and a provider of kidney care services, has announced that DaVita LabsSM, the diagnostic laboratory servicing both dialysis organizations and physician practices, is expanding its laboratory operations in DeLand, FL, to accommodate future teammate growth.
“We are proud that DaVita Labs has decided to expand here in Florida. These 100 new jobs in the area means more Floridians will be able to provide for their families,” said Florida Gov. Rick Scott. “Together we are creating an opportunity economy where companies can expand and create more jobs for Florida families.”
DaVita Labs employs more than 500 teammates between Ft. Lauderdale and DeLand – a number that has grown by nearly 15 percent since the beginning of 2012. As part of this expansion, DaVita Labs will build a new facility with the opportunity for expansion to accommodate potential future growth. The construction is set to begin in mid-2014 with target completion date of early-to-mid 2015.
“This expansion demonstrates our steadfast commitment to the City of DeLand and all of Volusia County, which has been an attractive location for recruiting and retaining teammates,” said DaVita Labs General Manager Jason Cline.
DaVita Labs currently has state-of-the-art clinical diagnostic laboratories in its two locations in Ft. Lauderdale and DeLand. The laboratories feature the latest in renal-specific methodology and technology for delivering quality test results. The DaVita Labs clinical laboratory team is led by experienced scientists and pathologists, and receives formal guidance from top nephrologists in the industry.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment