Armstrong Celebrates PA Plant $41 Million Expansion
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Armstrong World Industries is celebrating the beginning of construction at its Lancaster, PA, facility, where it is expanding its manufacturing capability to include luxury vinyl tile (LVT) for commercial and residential use in the U.S. The decision to make this $41 million investment and onshore its LVT production from China suppliers was previously announced in October 2013. This marks the company’s second investment in the Lancaster operation since 2008, when it added fiberglass-backed sheet vinyl manufacturing to that plant’s production portfolio.
Armstrong CEO Matt Espe said, “We thank the commonwealth and our employees for their support of this investment. Through application of our extensive manufacturing technology, we will be better able to serve our North American customers cost effectively with high-quality, in-market production. This investment will create local jobs and allow us to continue to grow share in this exciting product category.”
“Central Pennsylvania is a great place to live and work, and I am delighted that Armstrong is expanding here. The people of Lancaster County are dedicated and talented workers who will thrive at this facility. They will prove that Armstrong has made a smart decision. Armstrong is a good neighbor that employs nearly 2,000 people at its Lancaster operations. Bringing this vinyl tile manufacturing expansion to Lancaster is welcome news and a great match for the community,” said Senator Pat Toomey.
Congressman Joe Pitts said, “I want to thank Armstrong for investing in our community. It is great to see a local company join the growing trend of American manufacturers who are moving production lines back to the United States. Lancaster is an ideal location for new factories, and I hope we’ll see more openings in the near future.”
The company expects to start shipping LVT product from this plant to customers by mid 2015. About 60 new employees will be hired to support plant start-up and continuing operations.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open