Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Armstrong World Industries is celebrating the beginning of construction at its Lancaster, PA, facility, where it is expanding its manufacturing capability to include luxury vinyl tile (LVT) for commercial and residential use in the U.S. The decision to make this $41 million investment and onshore its LVT production from China suppliers was previously announced in October 2013. This marks the company’s second investment in the Lancaster operation since 2008, when it added fiberglass-backed sheet vinyl manufacturing to that plant’s production portfolio.
Armstrong CEO Matt Espe said, “We thank the commonwealth and our employees for their support of this investment. Through application of our extensive manufacturing technology, we will be better able to serve our North American customers cost effectively with high-quality, in-market production. This investment will create local jobs and allow us to continue to grow share in this exciting product category.”
“Central Pennsylvania is a great place to live and work, and I am delighted that Armstrong is expanding here. The people of Lancaster County are dedicated and talented workers who will thrive at this facility. They will prove that Armstrong has made a smart decision. Armstrong is a good neighbor that employs nearly 2,000 people at its Lancaster operations. Bringing this vinyl tile manufacturing expansion to Lancaster is welcome news and a great match for the community,” said Senator Pat Toomey.
Congressman Joe Pitts said, “I want to thank Armstrong for investing in our community. It is great to see a local company join the growing trend of American manufacturers who are moving production lines back to the United States. Lancaster is an ideal location for new factories, and I hope we’ll see more openings in the near future.”
The company expects to start shipping LVT product from this plant to customers by mid 2015. About 60 new employees will be hired to support plant start-up and continuing operations.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Walking the Walk
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities