Sempra U.S. Gas & Power, ConEd Partner In NV & CA Solar Projects
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Sempra U.S. Gas & Power and Consolidated Edison Development (ConEdison Development) have announced agreements to partner in five solar projects in Nevada and California.
The projects include Sempra U.S. Gas & Power’s 250-megawatt (MW) Copper Mountain Solar 3 project near Las Vegas, and Consolidated Edison Development’s CED California Holdings, LLC portfolio: the 50-MW Alpaugh 50, 20-MW Alpaugh North and 20-MW White River 1 facilities in Tulare County, and the 20-MW Corcoran 1 facility in Kings County. The renewable power from all of the projects has been sold under long-term contracts.
“We are pleased to partner with Consolidated Edison Development on Sempra U.S. Gas & Power’s largest solar project to date as we continue to execute on our strategy to deconsolidate debt and re-invest proceeds in near-term growth opportunities,” said Kevin C. Sagara, vice president of renewables for Sempra U.S. Gas & Power. “This strategy allows us to continue to diversify our renewables portfolio, supporting our commitment to develop and invest in clean, forward-thinking energy solutions.”
“Over the past year, ConEdison Development has established a good working relationship with Sempra U.S. Gas & Power,” said Mark Noyes, vice president of ConEdison Development. “As renewable power sources assume an ever-greater role in America’s energy landscape, we are seeing first-hand the advantages of cooperating to deliver and operate large, viable and reliable projects. We are confident that this strategic approach to development of significant projects will benefit both parties, as well as the nation as a whole.”
CED California Holdings, LLC facilities have been operational since 2012, and are operated and maintained by Consolidated Edison Development. Copper Mountain Solar 3 is currently under construction and, when completed, will be among the largest photovoltaic solar plants in the U.S., creating about 300 construction jobs at peak and 10 positions to operate the facility. Completion of the first 125 MW is expected by year-end 2014, with the remaining 125 MW slated for completion in 2015. Sempra U.S. Gas & Power will provide operations and maintenance services when the facility is operational.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming