Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Lockheed Martin has broken ground for its Pike County Operations’ Long Range Strike Systems cruise missile production annex in Troy, AL. The planned annex will expand the existing manufacturing facility where the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) is produced. The facility also produced test missiles for the Long Range Anti-Ship Missile (LRASM) development program. Construction is slated for completion by first quarter 2015.
The expansion, a response to an increased demand for Lockheed Martin’s cruise missiles, is expected to increase employment by approximately 10 percent over the next few years. The facility employs approximately 300 full-time employees and over 100 contractors.
“Lockheed Martin is willing to invest in Pike County because our employees here demonstrate a commitment to quality, excellence and affordability,” said Dave Anderson, site director of Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control’s Pike County Operations.
Pike County Operations has been recognized for its commitment to continuous improvement and performance excellence. In 2012, it received IndustryWeek magazine’s “Best Plant” award and the Alabama Performance Excellence Award. It was also a 2012 recipient of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for performance excellence, along with all Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control sites.
You might like:
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Companies Shifting Cost Strategies In Turbulent Global Markets
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey