Lockheed Martin Breaks Ground On New Cruise Missile Annex In Alabama
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Lockheed Martin has broken ground for its Pike County Operations’ Long Range Strike Systems cruise missile production annex in Troy, AL. The planned annex will expand the existing manufacturing facility where the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) is produced. The facility also produced test missiles for the Long Range Anti-Ship Missile (LRASM) development program. Construction is slated for completion by first quarter 2015.
The expansion, a response to an increased demand for Lockheed Martin’s cruise missiles, is expected to increase employment by approximately 10 percent over the next few years. The facility employs approximately 300 full-time employees and over 100 contractors.
“Lockheed Martin is willing to invest in Pike County because our employees here demonstrate a commitment to quality, excellence and affordability,” said Dave Anderson, site director of Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control’s Pike County Operations.
Pike County Operations has been recognized for its commitment to continuous improvement and performance excellence. In 2012, it received IndustryWeek magazine’s “Best Plant” award and the Alabama Performance Excellence Award. It was also a 2012 recipient of the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award for performance excellence, along with all Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control sites.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel