Garlock Printing & Converting Corporation Moves To Reno, NV
Garlock Printing & Converting Corporation and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) have announced the opening of a new flexographic printing facility in Reno, NV. The move will bring approximately 175 jobs to Reno throughout the next five years, including 17 jobs within the first six months.
With their 24/7 operation Garlock produces packaging for a variety of industries including snack food packaging, fresh cut produce packaging, and pet food. Many of Garlock’s employees have over 20 years of service experience, and seek the work environment Garlock provides which encourages career advancement, and hiring from within.
“The decision to expand into Reno was easy,” said Peter Garlock, CEO, Garlock Printing & Converting Corporation. “The Reno/Sparks area is an excellent location for our West Coast facility for many reasons, including proximity to our customers, access to a skilled and diverse workforce, and a business friendly government that understands community investment.” Garlock concluded.
“Another great company chose Reno/Sparks for their West Coast operations,” said Mike Kazmierski, CEO of EDAWN. “We are excited to be able to attract another company from the East Coast as we work to get Reno-Sparks on the radar of companies looking for a great business location in the West.”
Other posts by Heidi Schwartz
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 3155 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 2006 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1862 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1839 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1809 Views