September/October 2013 Issue (Volume 46, Number 5)
Business Facilities: September/October 2013
First Word | Turning the Page
Cover Story: Shovel-Ready Sites Are Growing From The Ground Up | More and more states are lining up to introduce site-certification programs to consolidate the timeline for bringing new projects to fruition.
Feature Story: The Cultural Roots of High-Tech Growth | Find out how locations that have a history of nurturing enterpreneurship may have a head start on spurring startups and developing high-tech hubs that yield high-growth sectors.
Business Report: The Carolinas – Regional Utilities Are Busy Powering Growth In The Carolinas | Powerhouses Duke Energy Progress and Santee Cooper maintain more than infrastructure in north and South Carolina—they’re driving development and site readiness.
Location Focus: Indiana – More And More Roads Are Leading To “The Crossroads Of America” | The Hoosier State is ripping away the red tape and laying out the welcome mat for new business.
State Focus: Lassoing Jobs In Texas | Visit some prime locations in the Lone Star State, where low taxes an a growing population of skilled workers are an unbeatable combination for luring new business.
Community Profile: Opportunity Knocks In Southwest Louisiana | World-class infrastructure, a burgeoning energy sector and a cornucopia of available sites await expanding businesses looking for the perfect place to put down roots and nurture growth.
Business Report: Georgia – Automotive Suppliers Are Multiplying In The Peach State | The automotive industry is speeding ahead at full throttle in the Peach State, with Kia Motors the focal point.
Feature Story: Game-Changer In The Heartland | Get an up-close look at the Midwest Inland Port and ADM’s new intermodal freight shipping and receiving facility, which is moving Decatur, IL into the top tier of world-class logistics hubs.
Location Focus: Sooner Or Later You’ll Choose Oklahoma | Find out why there’s an advantage to planting your new facility in the geographic center of the U.S.
Special Report: Greater Fort Lauderdale – Magnet For Biotech/Pharma Growth | The Sunshine State’s Atlantic Coast is winning in the global competition for new biotech business.
Feature Story: Governor’s Report – Talking The Talk And Backing It Up With Results | Gov. Rick Perry’s been popping up all over the U.S. extolling the virtues of doing business in the Lone Star State. In This Governor’s Report, he sat down and gave us the keys to the huge success in Texas.
Business Report: New York – Fracking Boom Spurs Growth Of Supply Chain In Upstate NY | Buffalo will be home to a $102-million steel pipe plant that will serve drilling ops in the Marcellus Shale region.
Special Report: Huntley, IL Has Capacity, Connection And Cooperation | Take a close look at a Golden Corridor gem that’s laid the cable and pulled together a major data hub.
Business Report: New California Incentives Offer Credits For Job Creation | Scheduled to begin in 2014, a trio of tax credit programs will be rolled out by the Golden State to modernize incentives and spur job growth.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming
Topic Tags: BF-Sept/oct-2013