Schindler Opens Elevator Manufacturing Facility In Hanover, PA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Schindler Elevator Corporation has opened a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Hanover, PA. The facility reinforces Schindler’s commitment to environmental protection and sustainability, earning North America’s first LEED Gold green building certification for an elevator manufacturing plant.
A part of the Schindler global supply chain, the 150,000 square-foot facility will provide support for the North American market and will focus on producing customer-facing components such as doors, entrances, jambs and elevator cab interiors. The plant also includes the company’s Order Consolidation Center (OCC), an order fulfillment warehouse which help Schindler achieve lead times that are among the shortest in the industry for customer delivery.
“We are very excited to be opening this new factory in South Central Pennsylvania where we have had a manufacturing presence for many years,” said Jakob Zueger, CEO, Schindler Americas. “We help our customers achieve their green building and sustainability goals in projects around the world every day, but this facility is another example of how Schindler is truly embracing sustainability in our own business as well.”
The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
Schindler’s Hanover facility achieved LEED certification for implementing practical and measurable strategies and solutions aimed at achieving high performance in: sustainable site development, water conservation, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
Schindler’s overall commitment to sustainability reflects a long-term investment in more than simply a clean, healthy environment—it also signifies smart business practices and a way of life. Schindler is focused on reducing the energy required for its products, services and operations; supporting sustainable urban development; and making safety, accessibility and respect for everyone top priorities. The Hanover facility serves as a model for future Schindler production facilities around the globe.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future