New Regional HQ And Logistics Center For Golden State Foods Being Built In McCook, IL
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Jeffrey A. Raday, P.E., president of McShane Construction Company, is pleased to announce that construction is underway for the new regional headquarters and logistics center for Golden State Foods. The new facility is being constructed in McCook, IL, a well-positioned transportation corridor within the near west suburbs of Chicago. Golden State Foods will relocate from its current operations in Lemont and Bolingbrook, IL into this modern, expanded space following completion of the facility in May 2014.
Golden State Foods is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the quick service restaurant (QSR) industry. Established in 1947, the company has approximately 4,500 employees worldwide and services more than 25,000 stores on six continents from its 37 facilities. Its core businesses include processing of liquid products, meat, produce, dairy and other services as well as full-line distribution to the quick service restaurant industry. GSF customers include McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Nestle, Arby’s, Zaxby’s and Taco Bell.
The contemporary facility will feature a two-story office component and warehouse/distribution space with a cross-dock configuration. The construction will incorporate 52 truck docks, 54,000 square feet of dry storage space and a separate on-site maintenance building. The facility is being constructed to meet LEED-Gold Certification standards.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility