Automotive Supplier Expanding In Northeast Indiana
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Shiloh Die Cast Midwest, a supplier of lightweighting, noise and vibration solutions, has announced plans to expand two of its Indiana locations, creating approximately 145 new jobs by 2018.
“Indiana is perfectly positioned to help companies like Shiloh reach their full growth potential,” said Gov. Mike Pence. “As a state that works, our Hoosier workforce excels at manufacturing and engineering. Hoosiers act as a catalyst for Indiana’s fastest growing companies, helping them achieve their goals and expand our growing economy.”
A subsidiary of Valley City, OH-based Shiloh Industries, Inc., Shiloh will invest $7.8 million to renovate and equip two separate manufacturing sites in Indiana: a 120,000 square-foot facility in Auburn and a 106,000 square-foot facility in Pierceton. The renovations and increased capacity will be fully implemented by 2016.
“Indiana is well-situated for us to serve our customers in the northern U.S. market, and Shiloh is committed to grow in Auburn and Pierceton,” said Ramzi Y. Hermiz, chief executive officer of Shiloh Industries. “We are reinvesting and upgrading in the latest lightweighting technologies such as our ThinTech™ and squeeze casting. We hope through commitment to Indiana and to technology that Shiloh will remain an employer for choice in the region.”
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation offered Shiloh Die Cast Midwest, LLC up to $1,000,000 in conditional tax credits and up to $100,000 in training grants based on the company’s job-creation plans. The city of Auburn will consider additional incentives at the request of the DeKalb County Economic Development Partnership. The town of Pierceton approved additional tax abatement at the request of the Kosciusko Economic Development Corporation.
“We congratulate Shiloh and we are very pleased they selected the city of Auburn to expand their industry,” said Auburn Mayor Norman Yoder.
“The town of Pierceton is pleased that Shiloh has chosen operations in Pierceton to expand production,” said Armando Espinoza, president of the Pierceton Town Board. “We are appreciative that this operation is committed to increasing employment and in making capital improvements to the facility. This operation is an important employer for the town of Pierceton and Kosciusko County.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana