Posted by Heidi Schwartz
As part of the company’s major expansion program, Amerlux, in coordination with Unicorn Real Estate, has announced plans to build a new 100,000-square-foot state of the art manufacturing facility in Pearland, TX. This facility, along with its new corporate headquarters and manufacturing center in Oakland, NJ, upgrade the company’s total capacity to nearly 300,000 square feet. Amerlux is a manufacturer of energy efficient interior and exterior lighting for the retail, supermarket and commercial markets.
“The Pearland construction plan, along with our new facility in Oakland, NJ, provide a technology roadmap that demonstrates our commitment to delivering innovation in commercial lighting for industry professionals that rely on our support to generate strong growth during the years to come,” said Amerlux Chairman Frank P. Diassi.
The new Pearland facility will encompass more than 70 percent additional space than the existing facility, and will feature state of the art lean manufacturing processes for both interior and exterior lighting products and a wire-guidance system in the warehouse that will reduce costs and increase quality. Showroom displays, testing areas and classrooms for CPE lighting design programs, will be available. The latest metal fabrication and automated powder coating equipment will be installed for upgraded production while customer service and support offices will be reconfigured to dramatically improve efficiencies.
“Our new Texas-based facility will include a wide array of new materials, equipment and specialists to help produce and service our extensive line of interior and exterior products for industry professionals,” said Amerlux CEO/President Chuck Campagna. “This expanded operation will support domestic and international supply channels while underscoring our commitment to making high-quality lighting products, here in The USA. Customers will benefit from quicker lead times, additional production capabilities and increased product development.”
Lean manufacturing principles, including the Kaizen system of continual improvements for work processes and flow, will enhance productivity with incremental changes routinely applied and sustained over an extensive period. Lean Manufacturing techniques, such as statistical process control, value stream mapping and 5S, enable Amerlux to set benchmarks that result in detailed monitoring and adaptation. The results will yield significant productivity and efficiency improvements and play a key role in developing strong cross-functional teams capable of reacting to changes in technology and market demands quickly.
You might like:
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Flex-N-Gate To Create Up To 650 Jobs In Detroit
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- Last Chance
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Foreign Direct Investment: On the Rebound?