One World Science, Inc. Relocates Corporate HQ To Reno, NV
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
One World Science, Inc. (OWS) and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) announce the relocation of a corporate headquarters to Reno, NV.
OWS had an opportunity to expand its California operation and instead chose to focus on Nevada. The expansion into Reno involved expanding the existing facility and investing in new capital equipment. The newly expanded plant will require a range of staff from facility managers and production employees to marketing and sales professionals.
Citing many of the strategic reasons for selecting growth in Nevada versus California, CEO Adam Michelin said, “The decision to relocate some of the operation to Reno was due to several factors, including the business tax structure, cost of living and logistic advantages offered by the region.”
There were multiple community partners who assisted with the relocation of OWS. The City of Reno was crucial in presenting the lead to EDAWN, along with the help of agencies such as the Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Nevada Job Connect, Nevada Industry Excellence, and Truckee Meadows Community College. Dan Burhmann with CB Richard Ellis was the broker involved in the facility selection for OWS.
“One World Science, Inc. is a great fit for our community and the relocation of its headquarters to Reno is especially exciting,” said Mike Kazmierski, CEO of EDAWN. “These smaller manufacturers are exactly what we are looking for as we work to diversify our economy; with this headquarters, we now have the decision makers and executives of the company living and engaged in our region.”
OWS Products, LLC was formed in February 11, 2011 to acquire the assets of a nutraceutical company. In June 2013 Health Freedom Nutrition (HFN), located in Reno, NV, was acquired. One World Science was started in February 2013 to be a holding company of other acquisitions. Two other Nevada companies were created: OWS Labs, Inc. and OWS Brands, Inc. to produce and sell the products respectively.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana