GreenTech Automotive At Work On Tunica, MS, Electric-Vehicle Plant
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
GreenTech Automotive (GTA), a U.S. manufacturer dedicated to developing and producing environmentally friendly, energy-efficient vehicles, announced that workers have begun erecting steel support structures for its new production facility in Tunica, MS.
“GTA’s permanent manufacturing home in Tunica has been taking shape on the ground level for several months now, and we’re looking forward to seeing the structure itself rise up in the coming weeks,” said Charles Wang, chairman and CEO of GTA. “As GTA continues to make significant progress toward our engineering, production and hiring goals, we’re eager to move into the new facility when construction is complete this spring.”
Structural steel work began January 6 and will continue through mid-February. Exterior walls will go up beginning in early February. GTA expects the entire exterior structure, including walls and roof, will be completed by the middle of March, allowing for the company to begin moving its production capability into the new facility.
GTA currently operates a pilot manufacturing facility in Horn Lake, MS, where it builds MyCar, a two-seat Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV), and GTA’s new four door, All-Electric Sedan. Both vehicles produce zero emissions, provide segment leading range per charge and can be recharged via a common 110V wall outlet, a 220V wall outlet or fast charging stations.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility