OLE Mexican Foods Announces 350 Jobs In Reno, NV
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
OLE Mexican Foods and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) have announced the opening of a new manufacturing facility in Reno, NV. The move will bring approximately 350 manufacturing and distribution jobs to Reno in the next few years.
OLE Mexican Foods opened up shop in Atlanta, GA when founder, Veronica Moreno decided to go into business selling homemade tortillas 25 years ago. With a passion for entrepreneurship and her family run business, she grew the company to become an established manufacturer of Mexican food products.
OLE expanded in 2013 and chose Reno as its central location for distribution to customers on the West Coast. The company is currently preparing the building to begin producing fried products initially, adding tortilla production lines in the near future.
Setting the stage for growth, President Veronica Moreno said, “We currently employ approximately 2,000 people; we hope to build a great production facility and employ more than 500 people in Nevada. And while there is a lot to do before we reach that number, we did it in Dallas and Atlanta, and we can do it in Nevada.”
“OLE is a growing company that is a great fit for our region and will be adding 350 manufacturing and distribution jobs in the near term, with the potential for many more jobs in the future,” said Mike Kazmierski, CEO of EDAWN.
The announcement is one of the largest job counts EDAWN has had in the past 10 years, which will offer an attractive environment for future employees.
Other posts by Heidi Schwartz
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 3155 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 2006 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1862 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1839 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1809 Views