OLE Mexican Foods Announces 350 Jobs In Reno, NV
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
OLE Mexican Foods and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) have announced the opening of a new manufacturing facility in Reno, NV. The move will bring approximately 350 manufacturing and distribution jobs to Reno in the next few years.
OLE Mexican Foods opened up shop in Atlanta, GA when founder, Veronica Moreno decided to go into business selling homemade tortillas 25 years ago. With a passion for entrepreneurship and her family run business, she grew the company to become an established manufacturer of Mexican food products.
OLE expanded in 2013 and chose Reno as its central location for distribution to customers on the West Coast. The company is currently preparing the building to begin producing fried products initially, adding tortilla production lines in the near future.
Setting the stage for growth, President Veronica Moreno said, “We currently employ approximately 2,000 people; we hope to build a great production facility and employ more than 500 people in Nevada. And while there is a lot to do before we reach that number, we did it in Dallas and Atlanta, and we can do it in Nevada.”
“OLE is a growing company that is a great fit for our region and will be adding 350 manufacturing and distribution jobs in the near term, with the potential for many more jobs in the future,” said Mike Kazmierski, CEO of EDAWN.
The announcement is one of the largest job counts EDAWN has had in the past 10 years, which will offer an attractive environment for future employees.
Other posts by Heidi Schwartz
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Moving Onward And Upward
- Feature Story: Tennessee Governor’s Report – Staying Ahead Of The Curve
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open