Natgasoline Tapping TEF Investment For Beaumont, TX Expansion
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Natgasoline LLC has announced the company is expanding its Beaumont, TX operations, creating 240 jobs and a projected capital investment of more than $1 billion. The state of Texas is providing $2.1 million through the Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) to close the deal on this expansion and job creation. Execution of the state’s agreement is contingent upon finalization of a local incentive offer as required by program criteria.
“Texas has created a job-friendly economic environment through our low taxes, smart regulations, fair courts and skilled workforce that welcomes world-class companies looking to expand or relocate their operations,” Gov. Rick Perry said. “Natgasoline’s commitment to expanding and creating jobs in Texas further strengthens our energy industry and continues the Lone Star State’s longstanding role in fueling the nation.”
With this TEF investment, Natgasoline plans to create a new methanol production facility in Beaumont, which will be the largest methanol plant in the U.S. The new facility will convert natural gas into methanol, a key building-block chemical of which the U.S. imports 80 percent of its demand.
“Following the success of OCI Partners LP’s Beaumont facility, OCI is pleased to have selected the State of Texas once again to expand its North American methanol activities,” said Nassef Sawiris, CEO of OCI N.V., Natgasoline’s parent company. “The effort shown by Gov. Perry and the Beaumont community reaffirms our commitment to Beaumont and the state of Texas.”
The Legislature created the TEF in 2003 and re-appropriated funding in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013 to help ensure the growth of Texas businesses and create more jobs throughout the state. TEF projects must be approved by the governor, lieutenant governor and speaker of the House. The fund has since become one of the state’s most competitive tools to recruit and bolster business.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming