Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Natgasoline LLC has announced the company is expanding its Beaumont, TX operations, creating 240 jobs and a projected capital investment of more than $1 billion. The state of Texas is providing $2.1 million through the Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) to close the deal on this expansion and job creation. Execution of the state’s agreement is contingent upon finalization of a local incentive offer as required by program criteria.
“Texas has created a job-friendly economic environment through our low taxes, smart regulations, fair courts and skilled workforce that welcomes world-class companies looking to expand or relocate their operations,” Gov. Rick Perry said. “Natgasoline’s commitment to expanding and creating jobs in Texas further strengthens our energy industry and continues the Lone Star State’s longstanding role in fueling the nation.”
With this TEF investment, Natgasoline plans to create a new methanol production facility in Beaumont, which will be the largest methanol plant in the U.S. The new facility will convert natural gas into methanol, a key building-block chemical of which the U.S. imports 80 percent of its demand.
“Following the success of OCI Partners LP’s Beaumont facility, OCI is pleased to have selected the State of Texas once again to expand its North American methanol activities,” said Nassef Sawiris, CEO of OCI N.V., Natgasoline’s parent company. “The effort shown by Gov. Perry and the Beaumont community reaffirms our commitment to Beaumont and the state of Texas.”
The Legislature created the TEF in 2003 and re-appropriated funding in 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013 to help ensure the growth of Texas businesses and create more jobs throughout the state. TEF projects must be approved by the governor, lieutenant governor and speaker of the House. The fund has since become one of the state’s most competitive tools to recruit and bolster business.
You might like:
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Burn Baby Burn
- Data Cowboys
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion