July/August 2013 Issue (Volume 46, Number 4)
First Word | Work In Progress
Snapshots: 60 Seconds | with Stephen Moret, Secretary, Louisiana Economic Development.
Business Report: Alabama – Hitting On All Cylinders | Donghee America plans $48-million fuel tank plant in Auburn.
Cover Story: Business Facilities Rankings Report | The evaluations are over and the grades are in. Our 9th annual report card on the state, metro and international pecking order is our most comprehensive to date.
Business Report: Virginia – Tech Park Grows In Richmond | Diagnostic leader HDL will occupy nearly five football fields of space in its expanded research and office complex in the heart of downtown Richmond.
Feature Story: The Race Is On For Post-Panamax Ports | The big ships are coming from the expanded Panama Canal and U.S. ports are racing to get ready. Find out which shipping hubs have dredged their harbors and installed super-sized cranes.
Business Report: Kansas – Agro-Biotech And Twinkies | While the nation’s premier biodefense lab moves closer to fruition, consumer giants Staples, Starwood and a revived Hostess Bakery have set up shop in Kansas.
State Focus: Florida’s Future Looks Bright | Balmy economic weather has broken out in the Sunshine State, and it’s growing jobs as well as oranges and grapefruits.
State Focus: Ohio’s Road To Recovery | Get the latest on the rebound in the Rust Belt that has everyone predicting a bright future and a jobs bonanza in the Buckeye State.
Business Report: Mississippi – A New Burst Of Energy | Mississippi hopes to keep its thriving energy sector humming with a bevy of new incentives.
Industry Focus: Aero/Defense Is Still Rising | The impact of sequester cuts has slowed but not reversed the upward trajectory of the aerospace sector.
Business Report: Illinois – Outlook Is Positive In Wheeling | Chicago Executive Airport gets bigger and better.
Business Report: Missouri – Ford Revs Up In KCMO | Ford is investing $1.1 billion to expand its F-Series truck assembly plant, adding 2,000 jobs.
Feature Story – Governor’s Report: Washington Aims Higher | Gov. Jay Inslee’s plate is full, but he made some time to tell us how he’s dealing with everything from fierce aerospace competition to the impact of climate change and legalized marijuana.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
Topic Tags: BF-July/Aug-2013