Travelers Companies, Inc. Announces Data Center In Sarpy County, NE
The Travelers Companies, Inc., a leading property casualty insurer, is the latest to announce plans to build a new data center in Sarpy County, NE, joining Fidelity, Yahoo!, Cabela’s and two CoSentry locations.
The company wanted a location near significant infrastructure that would offer competitive utility costs, and a real estate market that could accommodate future growth and expansion needs. Travelers is a member of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Travelers qualifies for Nebraska’s newest Tier 2 Large Data Center incentive where it must minimally invest $200 million and create at least 30 new full-time jobs.
DED also approved Site and Building Development and Customized Job Training funding to support the project and the highly technical employee base the company will be hiring. Additionally, Omaha Public Power District, Sarpy County and Travelers Companies, Inc. are helping fund the infrastructure necessary for the project that also will lend to future development of the area.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2197 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1042 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 959 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 951 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 929 Views