Kiekert Expanding Its Operations In Southeastern Michigan
Employment at the company’s plant, which is located in the Detroit suburb of Wixom, is expected to increase significantly. Kiekert is confident it will boost its total employees to more than 120 within the next 12 months.
Located in Oakland County, the plant currently produces door-latch modules for Ford. Kierkert’s CEO, Dr. Karl Krause, said the expansion includes the installation of new production, prototyping and product test equipment, extensive office renovations, and the addition of a new technology showroom.
Headquartered in Heiligenhaus, Germany, Kiekert opened its Wixom plant in 1995 and has had facilities in the Detroit area for more than 25 years. The supplier’s global product portfolio currently includes side-door latches, latch modules, trunk-lid latches and actuators.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment