Employment at the company’s plant, which is located in the Detroit suburb of Wixom, is expected to increase significantly. Kiekert is confident it will boost its total employees to more than 120 within the next 12 months.
Located in Oakland County, the plant currently produces door-latch modules for Ford. Kierkert’s CEO, Dr. Karl Krause, said the expansion includes the installation of new production, prototyping and product test equipment, extensive office renovations, and the addition of a new technology showroom.
Headquartered in Heiligenhaus, Germany, Kiekert opened its Wixom plant in 1995 and has had facilities in the Detroit area for more than 25 years. The supplier’s global product portfolio currently includes side-door latches, latch modules, trunk-lid latches and actuators.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- State Focus – Kansas: The Sunflower State Is Blooming and Booming
- Feature Story: 2016 Economic Development Awards
- Automotive Industry Focus: Hitting On All Cylinders
- Cover Story: Global Biotech Report
- Race to a Smart Future
- Toyota Chooses Ann Arbor For Third U.S. Research Facility
- Heroic Efforts In California
- DH Pace Company Expands Kansas HQ Facility
- Water on the Brain
- Cape Coral Economic Development Office: Location Spotlight of the Week
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Axiall, Lotte Invest $3 Billion in Louisiana Chemical Plants
- Monsanto To Invest $975M In Louisiana Expansion
- $25 Million Pledged for Economic Development Partnership in Flint, Michigan Amid Water Crisis
- Auto Supply Manufacturer Adding 80 Jobs In Indiana