Employment at the company’s plant, which is located in the Detroit suburb of Wixom, is expected to increase significantly. Kiekert is confident it will boost its total employees to more than 120 within the next 12 months.
Located in Oakland County, the plant currently produces door-latch modules for Ford. Kierkert’s CEO, Dr. Karl Krause, said the expansion includes the installation of new production, prototyping and product test equipment, extensive office renovations, and the addition of a new technology showroom.
Headquartered in Heiligenhaus, Germany, Kiekert opened its Wixom plant in 1995 and has had facilities in the Detroit area for more than 25 years. The supplier’s global product portfolio currently includes side-door latches, latch modules, trunk-lid latches and actuators.
You might like:
- Cargill Protein HQ To Remain In Kansas
- SNAPSHOTS: 60 Seconds… with Dennis Davin, Secretary, PA DCED
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Foreign Direct Investment: On the Rebound?
- Last Chance