Bayer HealthCare Opens U.S. Headquarters In Whippany, NJ
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Bayer HealthCare has opened its new U.S. headquarters on a 94-acre campus in Whippany, within Hanover Township, NJ. The new Headquarters consolidates Bayer HealthCare’s operations that previously operated from Morristown, Montville and Wayne, NJ and Tarrytown, NY into one location.
Housed in two environmentally friendly buildings connected by a five-story glass atrium, the 700,000 square-foot office space features state-of-the-art technology and a modern open design for the approximately 2,400 employees now based at the new location.
“Bayer HealthCare is honored to now be a part of a community where we can continue to grow and thrive. We have a longstanding history of favorable results in research and development that has led to innovative products that make people’s lives better,” said Phil Blake, president, Bayer Corporation.
“Although the aim of this project is to bring our employees together in one location, this initiative is about growing together as well as building the brand and reputation of our company,” said Marijn Dekkers, chairman, Bayer AG Group, Board of Management. “Whippany is our footprint on the East Coast now, as we invest further in the U.S.”
“New Jersey has a long and rich heritage as the hub of the pharmaceutical industry in the United States,” said New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. “This new facility will provide a state of the art workplace for more than 2,000 employees while promoting responsible, environmentally friendly policies and practices.”
“With its strong history of local community involvement, we welcome Bayer as our new corporate neighbor,” said The Honorable Ronald F. Francioli, Mayor, Hanover Township.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2839 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1681 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1547 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1533 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1505 Views