Air Products Announces West Texas Facility
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Air Products has announced plans to build, own and operate a new liquid nitrogen production facility in West Texas to serve the oil and gas industry in the Permian Basin. The new facility, to have an approximate 250 ton per day capacity, will strengthen Air Products’ existing leadership position in supplying the region’s oilfield services market. The Midland-Odessa located plant is planned to come online in 2015.
“The decision to build this facility will expand our nitrogen supply position for the fast growing oilfield services market. The plant will assist in meeting increased liquid nitrogen demand for coiled tubing, fracturing and other oilfield applications,” said Nelson Squires, vice president and general manager – North America Merchant Gases at Air Products. “The location of this new merchant facility demonstrates our commitment to the oilfield services industry in the Permian Basin and the Mid-Continent region.”
The new Midland-Odessa facility will be an FDA certified plant and supply nitrogen to other local industries such as food and metals processing. Air Products also has established Texas operations in Midlothian and Houston, which produce liquid products for other markets including food, chemicals, metal processing, electronics and medical applications.
Air Products has supplied nitrogen and oxygen for upstream oil and gas production and processing for more than 40 years utilizing a variety of supply modes along with the most comprehensive package of value-added technologies, services and equipment available.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities