Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Air Products has announced plans to build, own and operate a new liquid nitrogen production facility in West Texas to serve the oil and gas industry in the Permian Basin. The new facility, to have an approximate 250 ton per day capacity, will strengthen Air Products’ existing leadership position in supplying the region’s oilfield services market. The Midland-Odessa located plant is planned to come online in 2015.
“The decision to build this facility will expand our nitrogen supply position for the fast growing oilfield services market. The plant will assist in meeting increased liquid nitrogen demand for coiled tubing, fracturing and other oilfield applications,” said Nelson Squires, vice president and general manager – North America Merchant Gases at Air Products. “The location of this new merchant facility demonstrates our commitment to the oilfield services industry in the Permian Basin and the Mid-Continent region.”
The new Midland-Odessa facility will be an FDA certified plant and supply nitrogen to other local industries such as food and metals processing. Air Products also has established Texas operations in Midlothian and Houston, which produce liquid products for other markets including food, chemicals, metal processing, electronics and medical applications.
Air Products has supplied nitrogen and oxygen for upstream oil and gas production and processing for more than 40 years utilizing a variety of supply modes along with the most comprehensive package of value-added technologies, services and equipment available.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- OxyChem To Invest $145M In Louisiana Expansion