Air Products Announces West Texas Facility
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Air Products has announced plans to build, own and operate a new liquid nitrogen production facility in West Texas to serve the oil and gas industry in the Permian Basin. The new facility, to have an approximate 250 ton per day capacity, will strengthen Air Products’ existing leadership position in supplying the region’s oilfield services market. The Midland-Odessa located plant is planned to come online in 2015.
“The decision to build this facility will expand our nitrogen supply position for the fast growing oilfield services market. The plant will assist in meeting increased liquid nitrogen demand for coiled tubing, fracturing and other oilfield applications,” said Nelson Squires, vice president and general manager – North America Merchant Gases at Air Products. “The location of this new merchant facility demonstrates our commitment to the oilfield services industry in the Permian Basin and the Mid-Continent region.”
The new Midland-Odessa facility will be an FDA certified plant and supply nitrogen to other local industries such as food and metals processing. Air Products also has established Texas operations in Midlothian and Houston, which produce liquid products for other markets including food, chemicals, metal processing, electronics and medical applications.
Air Products has supplied nitrogen and oxygen for upstream oil and gas production and processing for more than 40 years utilizing a variety of supply modes along with the most comprehensive package of value-added technologies, services and equipment available.
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide