Americure Rx Establishes Operations In Lehigh Valley, PA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Americure Rx, a long-term care pharmacy service for nursing care facilities, has established operations in Pennsylvania, adding 51 new jobs at this new facility in Lehigh County.
“Companies like Americure Rx are investing in Pennsylvania, creating new jobs for our citizens and helping to move our economy forward,” said Gov. Tom Corbett. “The Lehigh Valley is one of a number of areas that are growing in the commonwealth. This is the 12th jobs announcement I’ve made in the region this year with job creation projected to be more than 830.”
Americure Rx will invest more than $555,000 in the project and has committed to creating at least 51 new jobs within the next three years. New positions will include those in operations and maintenance, as well as pharmacists, technicians and drivers.
The company received a funding offer from the Department of Community and Economic Development including $102,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits and a $22,950 Guaranteed Free Training grant which will be used to provide training for their new employees.
“We worked in coordination with the Governor’s Action Team in collaboration with the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation,” said Jaco du Plessis, president of Americure Rx. “GAT’s assistance was instrumental in getting the project launched.”
The project was coordinated by the Governor’s Action Team, a group of economic development professionals who work directly with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania, in collaboration with the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation.
“As our population ages, demand for long-term care and prescriptions from companies such as Americure Rx should continue to flourish,” said Don Cunningham, LVEDC president and CEO. “The Lehigh Valley has proven itself to be a magnet for creative firms and minds, and this fast-growing company’s $555,000 project in Upper Macungie Township will add at least 51 new jobs to our region.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility