Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Having begun the first European deliveries of Model S, Tesla Motors opened its Tilburg Assembly Plant in the presence of the Vice Governor Economic and International Affairs of the Province of Brabant and Alderman Economic Affairs of the Municipality of Tilburg. The Tilburg facility will serve as the final assembly and distribution point for Model S vehicles sold in Europe as well as Tesla’s European service and parts headquarters.
With a size of 18,900 square meters, this new state-of-the-art facility is prepared to receive the brand new Model S which is shipped over from the US. Having crossed the ocean and reached Europe, Model S arrives at the Tilburg plant for final assembly before being delivered across the continent.
Being centrally located in Tilburg enables efficient, timely and cost effective operations throughout Europe. Parts can be distributed to anywhere across the continent within 12 hours. Tilburg is an ideal location considering its proximity to the port of Rotterdam and the high quality and availability of transportation infrastructure. An excellent rail and motorway network connects Tilburg to all major markets.
Deliveries of Model S to European customers started in Norway earlier this month, and today, it was time for the first Dutch, Belgian, French and German customers to receive their cars at the brand new Tilburg facility.
Bryan Batista, Sales Director Europe, said, “This location is pivotal to Tesla’s European operations, which are expanding rapidly over the coming months with openings of around 15 new stores and service centers.”
You might like:
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Flex-N-Gate To Create Up To 650 Jobs In Detroit
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Last Chance
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Insitu To Open Commercial UAS Facility At MSU