Tesla Motors Opens Assembly Plant In Tilburg, Netherlands
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Having begun the first European deliveries of Model S, Tesla Motors opened its Tilburg Assembly Plant in the presence of the Vice Governor Economic and International Affairs of the Province of Brabant and Alderman Economic Affairs of the Municipality of Tilburg. The Tilburg facility will serve as the final assembly and distribution point for Model S vehicles sold in Europe as well as Tesla’s European service and parts headquarters.
With a size of 18,900 square meters, this new state-of-the-art facility is prepared to receive the brand new Model S which is shipped over from the US. Having crossed the ocean and reached Europe, Model S arrives at the Tilburg plant for final assembly before being delivered across the continent.
Being centrally located in Tilburg enables efficient, timely and cost effective operations throughout Europe. Parts can be distributed to anywhere across the continent within 12 hours. Tilburg is an ideal location considering its proximity to the port of Rotterdam and the high quality and availability of transportation infrastructure. An excellent rail and motorway network connects Tilburg to all major markets.
Deliveries of Model S to European customers started in Norway earlier this month, and today, it was time for the first Dutch, Belgian, French and German customers to receive their cars at the brand new Tilburg facility.
Bryan Batista, Sales Director Europe, said, “This location is pivotal to Tesla’s European operations, which are expanding rapidly over the coming months with openings of around 15 new stores and service centers.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel