Leidos Headquarters To Be In Reston, VA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) has announced that its national security, health and engineering solutions business, which will be named Leidos, will be headquartered in Reston, VA. About 150 employees will immediately occupy the space in the Reston Town Center complex, with another 450 moving in as renovations are completed.
“The selection of the headquarters location for Leidos was made after careful consideration of many options,” said SAIC COO Stu Shea, future president and COO of Leidos. “We did careful analysis of where employees live and also mapped out key customer locations to inform our decision.”
The team also considered quality of life, traffic patterns and potential commute times for employees, among other factors.
“Reston makes sense for Leidos – it’s easily accessible and the amenities are world class. The new facility will be more conveniently located for our employees and still gives us easy access to key customers in the area,” Shea said.
The company is moving from a campus environment, where all employees are housed and congregate, to a true headquarters environment where primarily the leadership team and some corporate functions reside.
“With such a large percentage of our employees working side-by-side with our customers each day – this approach makes sense for Leidos,” Shea said.
“The Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce is excited that Leidos has decided to headquarter in the fast growing and vibrant Reston business corridor,” said Mark Ingrao, President and CEO of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce. “Leidos’ presence in the community will complement the professional services, IT and technology firms that comprise the majority of the 2,400 companies located here. We look forward to developing a strong and long-term relationship with Leidos and its employees.”
Executive Vice President of Boston Properties Raymond A. Ritchey, said, “With this transaction, Leidos will be one of the largest tenants in the complex. Leidos’ decision reinforces Reston’s position as one of the best office markets for Fortune 500 companies in Northern Virginia.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future