Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty along with Brown-Forman Corporation officials have announced expansion plans for the Jack Daniel Distillery in response to global demand for its world famous Tennessee Whiskey. The $103 million investment includes the addition of stills, barrel warehouses and related infrastructure to support the expanding operations and will result in the creation of 94 new full-time positions over the next five years.
“I want to thank the Jack Daniel Distillery for its continued investment in the people of Lynchburg and Tennessee,” Haslam said. “This company is an American brand but, more importantly, a Tennessee brand well recognized across the world, making it a global ambassador for our home state. Jack Daniel’s is one of our most historic exports, and it helps us in our efforts to bring new Tennessee products to the world marketplace.”
“Jack Daniel’s is a well-respected brand that boasts a rich history filled with Tennessee tradition,” Hagerty said. “The substantial expansion set to occur in the upcoming years is tremendous for the community and underscores Tennessee’s No. 1 ranking for job growth in the Southeast. I appreciate the company’s continued investment in the state and the jobs created from this impressive announcement.”
Construction will begin this fall and is expected to be completed within two years. The distillery expansion will be located on distillery property in the Lynchburg area and tied to the same source of cave spring water.
“The expansion will help Jack Daniel’s continue to bring our distinctive, charcoal-mellowed whiskey to the world and to follow Mr. Jack’s belief when he said, ‘Every day we make it, we’ll make it the best we can,'” Jeff Arnett, master distiller of the Jack Daniel Distillery, said.
“Lynchburg is proud to be home to America’s oldest distillery and a world class tourist destination,” Metropolitan Lynchburg-Moore County Mayor Sloan Stewart said. “As an outstanding corporate citizen, we’ve built a strong relationship over the years, and we appreciate all that Jack Daniel’s has done to give back to the community. We look forward to many years of continued success.”
“TVA and Duck River Electric Membership Corporation congratulate the Jack Daniel Distillery as it expands operations and warehousing capabilities,” TVA Senior Vice President of Economic Development John Bradley said. “It is exciting to see existing companies prosper. We are pleased to be partners with the state of Tennessee and local leaders as they help existing business and industry invest and add jobs within their community.”
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey has grown volume for 21 consecutive years, underscoring the brand’s premium and iconic image. The Jack Daniel’s family of brands grew global net sales by 9 percent in the last fiscal year.
You might like:
- 3D Systems Expanding In Tennessee
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Last Chance
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street