Hanwah L&C Continues To Grow In Opelika, AL
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Hanwha L&C Alabama is expanding its Opelika facility in the Northeast Opelika Industrial Park. The company will be investing nearly $9 million in building and equipment. It will also be adding 54 new jobs over the next two years. This new capital investment will increase the company’s total investment in Opelika to nearly $60 million.
Hanwha L & C Alabama began its operation in Opelika in 2005. According to Mayor Gary Fuller, Hanwha has continually invested in new equipment and building improvements. The company has far exceeded its initial commitment of 150 jobs. The addition of the new 54 jobs will bring Hanwha’s employment level to 345.
Fuller said, “It is truly an honor when existing industries continue to grow and invest in our community. We are glad to assist Hanwha in its continued success.”
The newly expanded facility will increase the company’s current production capacity. The expansion will improve the company’s ability to create automotive parts used in the bumper’s impact resistance core, transportation equipment, packaging for the electronics industry and building products.
Hanwha L&C Alabama is a tier one supplier to Hyundai Motors Manufacturing of Alabama and Kia Motors Manufacturing of Georgia and produces bumper back beams, as well as the bumper’s impact resistant core, components designed to protect the automobile and its passengers from accidents and injury.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2166 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1011 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 930 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 923 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 902 Views