General Dynamics Dedicates New Facility in Healdsburg, CA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, has dedicated its new Healdsburg, CA, facility. A ribbon-cutting ceremony and facility tour was held with employees, local business and community leaders, customers and government personnel.
The state-of-the-art facility is designed to meet the rigorous standards of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) for a “clean room” production environment. It will house the company’s manufacturing operations for advanced electro-mechanical actuation systems used in a variety of guided projectiles and missiles. General Dynamics supplies proportional control actuation systems to a number of defense contractors.
“This operations expansion reinforces our commitment to serve the missile defense industry using innovative technology combined with a proven and reliable production capability,” said Dan Paul, vice president and general manager of Precision Systems for the company.
The General Dynamics Healdsburg Operations is a world-class developer, manufacturer and integrator of electro-mechanical servo-control actuation systems (CAS) for the U.S. armed forces and missile-defense industry. The Healdsburg operations produce some of the highest power-density actuators in the world for applications on land, sea and air.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility