CVS Caremark Opens Mail Service Pharmacy And Customer Center In Mount Prospect, IL
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
CVS Caremark has opened its new state-of-the-art Mail Service Pharmacy and Customer Center in Mt. Prospect, IL. The 150,000 square foot facility, representing an investment of approximately $67 million, supports pharmacy inventory and fulfillment needs across the CVS Caremark Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) book of business, which serves approximately 60 million members throughout the United States. With the capability to fill 50 million prescriptions annually, this new facility is an example of CVS Caremark’s continued investment and commitment to the State of Illinois.
During the recent ribbon cutting ceremony, CVS Caremark officials took the opportunity to recognize and thank supporters from the state and region who helped make the development of the Mt. Prospect mail service pharmacy possible. In fact, 59 Illinois-based businesses were used during the construction of the facility.
The new facility will employ more than 400 people by the end of 2013 including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, automation technicians and process improvement engineers. Proprietary technology at the facility enables 90 percent of prescriptions to be dispensed and 80 percent of prescriptions to be packaged for mailing using full automation.
“We are pleased that CVS Caremark chose to build this new state-of-the-art facility in Mt. Prospect, IL,” said Gov. Pat Quinn. “I appreciate the role that CVS Caremark plays both as a national health care innovator and as an employer in our community.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility