Business Facilities In The News: Tennessee Again #1 In Auto Manufacturing Strength
Tennessee Again #1 In Auto Manufacturing Strength
By Bill Mitchell for WDEF News
Posted July 29, 2013
The president of the United States will praise Amazon.com tomorrow for creating thousands of new jobs. He’ll speak to employees at the Enterprise South plant. But a quarter mile away is the Volkswagen plant—another success story for Chattanooga and the state of Tennessee. It makes Chattanooga the center of the automotive south.
Chattanooga’s Volkswagen plant continues to reap national awards for quality. But that’s just one of the reasons that, for the 4th year in a row, a national economic publication has been named Tennessee the Number One state in the national for Automotive Manufacturing strength.
Business Facilities says the state is a Global leader.
Read the rest of the story here.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming