Business Facilities In The News: Rants and Raves: ‘D’ is for dysfunctional party
Rants and Raves: ‘D’ is for dysfunctional party
Montgomery Adviser Opinion Piece
Posted on July 31, 2013
RANT: For the abysmal mess that the Alabama Democratic Party has become. In a ranking of the most dysfunctional state political parties in the nation by Roll Call, the party ranked No. 1. It’s hard to argue with that assessment. This has implications beyond mere partisanship, because a strong two-party system affords much more opportunity for meaningful debate of ideas and for the sharp-eyed watching by each side of the other, which is not an unhealthy thing.
Auto industry is a solid state asset
RAVE: For one more indication of the strong position Alabama holds in the automotive industry. Business Facilities magazine has named Alabama the No. 2 state for automotive industry strength. The magazine noted that it all began with the decision by Mercedes to locate a plant in the state 20 years ago.
Read the rest of the story here.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility