Angus-Palm Expansion In Florence, SC On The Way
The Florence County Economic Development Partnership has announced that Pee Dee Commerce City-based Angus-Palm will expand its metal fabrication manufacturing facility. The company, which currently has 176 employees, will invest $13 million and create 55 jobs over the next four years.
“We are pleased to expand our facility and add to the workforce in Florence,” said Angus-Palm Florence Operations Manager Chris Drose. “The expansion will allow us to grow the business by adding several new product lines to our current offering.”
The company will employ fabricators, welders, painters, assemblers, material handlers and engineers. Safety training, lean manufacturing, on the job training and engineering/technician training will also be part of the expansion.
“Angus-Palm’s expansion is a testament to Florence County’s pro-business climate. Our skilled labor force is dedicated to excellence and sustaining growth,” stated FCEDP Chairman Frank J. “Buddy” Brand, II.
“I look forward to working with this great corporate citizen in the future, as they further boost their operations and create additional employment opportunities,” said Senator Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr., who added, “I am proud of the entire economic development team for this announcement and point once again to the fact that in Florence County, we are open for business.”
Angus-Palm designs and manufactures high quality, custom engineered open and enclosed cabs and operator stations for a wide range of heavy mobile equipment in several end markets including agriculture, construction and mining. Angus-Palm is part of Worthington Industries, a diversified metals manufacturing company.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming