The Florence County Economic Development Partnership has announced that Pee Dee Commerce City-based Angus-Palm will expand its metal fabrication manufacturing facility. The company, which currently has 176 employees, will invest $13 million and create 55 jobs over the next four years.
“We are pleased to expand our facility and add to the workforce in Florence,” said Angus-Palm Florence Operations Manager Chris Drose. “The expansion will allow us to grow the business by adding several new product lines to our current offering.”
The company will employ fabricators, welders, painters, assemblers, material handlers and engineers. Safety training, lean manufacturing, on the job training and engineering/technician training will also be part of the expansion.
“Angus-Palm’s expansion is a testament to Florence County’s pro-business climate. Our skilled labor force is dedicated to excellence and sustaining growth,” stated FCEDP Chairman Frank J. “Buddy” Brand, II.
“I look forward to working with this great corporate citizen in the future, as they further boost their operations and create additional employment opportunities,” said Senator Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr., who added, “I am proud of the entire economic development team for this announcement and point once again to the fact that in Florence County, we are open for business.”
Angus-Palm designs and manufactures high quality, custom engineered open and enclosed cabs and operator stations for a wide range of heavy mobile equipment in several end markets including agriculture, construction and mining. Angus-Palm is part of Worthington Industries, a diversified metals manufacturing company.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina
- Texas: Tri-Agency Workforce Initiative Aims To Meet 21st Century Job Needs