The Florence County Economic Development Partnership has announced that Pee Dee Commerce City-based Angus-Palm will expand its metal fabrication manufacturing facility. The company, which currently has 176 employees, will invest $13 million and create 55 jobs over the next four years.
“We are pleased to expand our facility and add to the workforce in Florence,” said Angus-Palm Florence Operations Manager Chris Drose. “The expansion will allow us to grow the business by adding several new product lines to our current offering.”
The company will employ fabricators, welders, painters, assemblers, material handlers and engineers. Safety training, lean manufacturing, on the job training and engineering/technician training will also be part of the expansion.
“Angus-Palm’s expansion is a testament to Florence County’s pro-business climate. Our skilled labor force is dedicated to excellence and sustaining growth,” stated FCEDP Chairman Frank J. “Buddy” Brand, II.
“I look forward to working with this great corporate citizen in the future, as they further boost their operations and create additional employment opportunities,” said Senator Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr., who added, “I am proud of the entire economic development team for this announcement and point once again to the fact that in Florence County, we are open for business.”
Angus-Palm designs and manufactures high quality, custom engineered open and enclosed cabs and operator stations for a wide range of heavy mobile equipment in several end markets including agriculture, construction and mining. Angus-Palm is part of Worthington Industries, a diversified metals manufacturing company.
You might like:
- Pet Food Maker Will Create Up To 165 Jobs In Indiana
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Last Chance
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- SIG SAUER Moving Ammunition Manufacturing To Arkansas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas