Angus-Palm Expansion In Florence, SC On The Way
The Florence County Economic Development Partnership has announced that Pee Dee Commerce City-based Angus-Palm will expand its metal fabrication manufacturing facility. The company, which currently has 176 employees, will invest $13 million and create 55 jobs over the next four years.
“We are pleased to expand our facility and add to the workforce in Florence,” said Angus-Palm Florence Operations Manager Chris Drose. “The expansion will allow us to grow the business by adding several new product lines to our current offering.”
The company will employ fabricators, welders, painters, assemblers, material handlers and engineers. Safety training, lean manufacturing, on the job training and engineering/technician training will also be part of the expansion.
“Angus-Palm’s expansion is a testament to Florence County’s pro-business climate. Our skilled labor force is dedicated to excellence and sustaining growth,” stated FCEDP Chairman Frank J. “Buddy” Brand, II.
“I look forward to working with this great corporate citizen in the future, as they further boost their operations and create additional employment opportunities,” said Senator Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr., who added, “I am proud of the entire economic development team for this announcement and point once again to the fact that in Florence County, we are open for business.”
Angus-Palm designs and manufactures high quality, custom engineered open and enclosed cabs and operator stations for a wide range of heavy mobile equipment in several end markets including agriculture, construction and mining. Angus-Palm is part of Worthington Industries, a diversified metals manufacturing company.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities