Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Piedmont Natural Gas has announced plans to relocate its 36 employees in Rockingham to a newly renovated, LEED-certified facility in Rockingham West Industrial Park. The new building will replace the current Rockingham resource center and become Piedmont’s third LEED-certified facility under the United States Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED rating system. Piedmont plans to begin renovations on the new facility by late July 2013, with plans to have it fully operational by spring 2014.
“Our new LEED-certified facility in Rockingham will not only help us to become better stewards of the resources we all share, it also will offer our local teammates a more effective working environment,” said Kevin O’Hara, senior vice president for Piedmont Natural Gas. “We are committed to making positive contributions to the communities we serve and to their local economies. We are grateful and excited for the opportunity to make this investment in Rockingham, and we look forward to growing with this community for many years to come.”
Piedmont’s Rockingham facility will bring the Company’s total number of LEED-certified facilities to three, joining locations in Tarboro, NC, and Nashville, TN.
The new, 40,000-square-foot building sits on more than 15 acres of land. The additional space will allow for necessary expansion and provide Piedmont Natural Gas with much-needed storage space for new and ongoing projects. Piedmont employees will work with design and architecture consultants to design both the interior and exterior of the new facility.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Burn Baby Burn
- Data Cowboys
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina