Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Piedmont Natural Gas has announced plans to relocate its 36 employees in Rockingham to a newly renovated, LEED-certified facility in Rockingham West Industrial Park. The new building will replace the current Rockingham resource center and become Piedmont’s third LEED-certified facility under the United States Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED rating system. Piedmont plans to begin renovations on the new facility by late July 2013, with plans to have it fully operational by spring 2014.
“Our new LEED-certified facility in Rockingham will not only help us to become better stewards of the resources we all share, it also will offer our local teammates a more effective working environment,” said Kevin O’Hara, senior vice president for Piedmont Natural Gas. “We are committed to making positive contributions to the communities we serve and to their local economies. We are grateful and excited for the opportunity to make this investment in Rockingham, and we look forward to growing with this community for many years to come.”
Piedmont’s Rockingham facility will bring the Company’s total number of LEED-certified facilities to three, joining locations in Tarboro, NC, and Nashville, TN.
The new, 40,000-square-foot building sits on more than 15 acres of land. The additional space will allow for necessary expansion and provide Piedmont Natural Gas with much-needed storage space for new and ongoing projects. Piedmont employees will work with design and architecture consultants to design both the interior and exterior of the new facility.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities