Piedmont Natural Gas To Open LEED Facility In NC
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Piedmont Natural Gas has announced plans to relocate its 36 employees in Rockingham to a newly renovated, LEED-certified facility in Rockingham West Industrial Park. The new building will replace the current Rockingham resource center and become Piedmont’s third LEED-certified facility under the United States Green Building Council’s (USGBC) LEED rating system. Piedmont plans to begin renovations on the new facility by late July 2013, with plans to have it fully operational by spring 2014.
“Our new LEED-certified facility in Rockingham will not only help us to become better stewards of the resources we all share, it also will offer our local teammates a more effective working environment,” said Kevin O’Hara, senior vice president for Piedmont Natural Gas. “We are committed to making positive contributions to the communities we serve and to their local economies. We are grateful and excited for the opportunity to make this investment in Rockingham, and we look forward to growing with this community for many years to come.”
Piedmont’s Rockingham facility will bring the Company’s total number of LEED-certified facilities to three, joining locations in Tarboro, NC, and Nashville, TN.
The new, 40,000-square-foot building sits on more than 15 acres of land. The additional space will allow for necessary expansion and provide Piedmont Natural Gas with much-needed storage space for new and ongoing projects. Piedmont employees will work with design and architecture consultants to design both the interior and exterior of the new facility.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming