Northwestern Mutual Acquires Office Building In Palo Alto, CA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Milwaukee, WI-based Northwestern Mutual has acquired a leasehold interest in a two-story office building in the Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto, CA. The company’s real estate investments enhance its dividend-paying capacity while supporting economic growth in the communities in which it does business.
The acquisition “represents a unique opportunity for Northwestern Mutual to complete an acquisition in the growing West Coast market,” noted Jory Halperin, Director, Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC. “We are excited about making an investment in one of the top-tier office markets in the country with a property we believe will continue to generate strong returns for our policyowners.”
Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC is the wholly owned subsidiary and authorized representative of Northwestern Mutual for the management of Northwestern Mutual’s real estate portfolio.
An essential ingredient in maintaining Northwestern Mutual’s financial strength and ability to deliver value to policyowners is the performance of the company’s $174 billion general account investment portfolio, whose assets back the company’s insurance and annuity products.
The investment earnings generated by this portfolio produce capital that helps build the company’s strong financial base. They are also the primary determinant of the interest component of the dividend scale for traditional permanent life insurance policies.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility