Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Milwaukee, WI-based Northwestern Mutual has acquired a leasehold interest in a two-story office building in the Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto, CA. The company’s real estate investments enhance its dividend-paying capacity while supporting economic growth in the communities in which it does business.
The acquisition “represents a unique opportunity for Northwestern Mutual to complete an acquisition in the growing West Coast market,” noted Jory Halperin, Director, Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC. “We are excited about making an investment in one of the top-tier office markets in the country with a property we believe will continue to generate strong returns for our policyowners.”
Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC is the wholly owned subsidiary and authorized representative of Northwestern Mutual for the management of Northwestern Mutual’s real estate portfolio.
An essential ingredient in maintaining Northwestern Mutual’s financial strength and ability to deliver value to policyowners is the performance of the company’s $174 billion general account investment portfolio, whose assets back the company’s insurance and annuity products.
The investment earnings generated by this portfolio produce capital that helps build the company’s strong financial base. They are also the primary determinant of the interest component of the dividend scale for traditional permanent life insurance policies.
You might like:
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Data Cowboys
- Burn Baby Burn
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Life Sciences Companies Face Talent Crisis
- Duo Security, Inc. Adding 300 Jobs In Michigan
- Amazon.com Expanding In New Jersey
- Thomson Reuters Expanding Texas Operations
- B. Braun To Add 175 Jobs In Florida
- Tennessee Lands New Customer Service Center
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- GM Investing Over $788M, Creating 781 Jobs In Tennessee
- Allergan Breaks Ground On $200M Texas Expansion
- ChartSpan Bringing 300 Jobs To South Carolina