Northwestern Mutual Acquires Office Building In Palo Alto, CA
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Milwaukee, WI-based Northwestern Mutual has acquired a leasehold interest in a two-story office building in the Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto, CA. The company’s real estate investments enhance its dividend-paying capacity while supporting economic growth in the communities in which it does business.
The acquisition “represents a unique opportunity for Northwestern Mutual to complete an acquisition in the growing West Coast market,” noted Jory Halperin, Director, Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC. “We are excited about making an investment in one of the top-tier office markets in the country with a property we believe will continue to generate strong returns for our policyowners.”
Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC is the wholly owned subsidiary and authorized representative of Northwestern Mutual for the management of Northwestern Mutual’s real estate portfolio.
An essential ingredient in maintaining Northwestern Mutual’s financial strength and ability to deliver value to policyowners is the performance of the company’s $174 billion general account investment portfolio, whose assets back the company’s insurance and annuity products.
The investment earnings generated by this portfolio produce capital that helps build the company’s strong financial base. They are also the primary determinant of the interest component of the dividend scale for traditional permanent life insurance policies.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Grid Stars
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Megabucks Park
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel