Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Milwaukee, WI-based Northwestern Mutual has acquired a leasehold interest in a two-story office building in the Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto, CA. The company’s real estate investments enhance its dividend-paying capacity while supporting economic growth in the communities in which it does business.
The acquisition “represents a unique opportunity for Northwestern Mutual to complete an acquisition in the growing West Coast market,” noted Jory Halperin, Director, Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC. “We are excited about making an investment in one of the top-tier office markets in the country with a property we believe will continue to generate strong returns for our policyowners.”
Northwestern Mutual Real Estate Investments, LLC is the wholly owned subsidiary and authorized representative of Northwestern Mutual for the management of Northwestern Mutual’s real estate portfolio.
An essential ingredient in maintaining Northwestern Mutual’s financial strength and ability to deliver value to policyowners is the performance of the company’s $174 billion general account investment portfolio, whose assets back the company’s insurance and annuity products.
The investment earnings generated by this portfolio produce capital that helps build the company’s strong financial base. They are also the primary determinant of the interest component of the dividend scale for traditional permanent life insurance policies.
You might like:
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Flex-N-Gate To Create Up To 650 Jobs In Detroit
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Last Chance
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- SATA Group Building New Plant In Texas
- Insitu To Open Commercial UAS Facility At MSU