Posted by Heidi Schwartz
GE Aviation has opened a new Global Robotics, Automation and Instrumentation R&D Centre in Bromont, Quebec. GE Aviation Bromont manufactures aircraft engine components, including the CFM56 engines for the Boeing 737 and Airbus 320 aircraft, and GEnx engines for the Boeing 787 and Boeing 747-8.
The Bromont facility is one of the most productive global sites operated by GE Aviation. The new center will develop advanced robotic processes, software applications and intellectual property that will be exported to GE Aviation facilities around the world.
The $61.4 million investment will create up to 60 skilled jobs and includes $8 million from Investissement Quebec (IQ) and the Ministère des Finances et de l’Économie du Québec (MFEQ). The investment will strengthen GE Aviation Bromont’s position as a global centre of excellence.
Jeff Immelt, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GE said, “Advanced manufacturing—integrating hardware with software—is changing both the products we make and how we make and service them; it’s the next industrial revolution. This opening is about increasing our speed of innovation and refocusing the way products are designed, manufactured and serviced for our customers in Canada and for global markets.”
“The GE Aviation Global Robotics, Automation and Instrumentation R&D Centre in Bromont is a vivid reminder of our enormous potential and Québec’s know-how in the aeronautics sector,” Élaine Zakaïb, Minister for Industrial Policy and the Banque de développement économique du Québec, noted. “It is essential for our government to support such promising projects, which are consolidating Québec’s reputation for excellence and enhancing its profile abroad.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities