GE Air Filtration Moves To Overland Park
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
GE Power & Water’s Air Filtration business announced that it plans to locate its headquarters in Overland Park and create 170 positions there. The move is tentatively scheduled for late August 2013.
“I am excited to welcome GE Power & Water’s Air Filtration business to Kansas,” said Gov. Sam Brownback. “GE’s investment will help create good jobs in the state and will greatly benefit our economy, our business environment and Kansas workers.”
GE Air Filtration’s new location in Overland Park is designed to serve the evolving requirements of the company’s headquarters workforce. As part of the move to the new headquarters, GE plans to invest approximately $8.5 million.
“We are pleased that GE Air Filtration has decided to locate on the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, bringing with it exceptional expertise in the energy field, which we all know is experiencing increasing demand,” said Overland Park Mayor Carl Gerlach. “The campus is an ideal location for the business and its headquarters’ workforce.”
“The Gas Turbine Inlet Filtration side of our Air Filtration business saw significant growth over the last 12 months as reflected in our manufacturing locations in Slater, MO,” said Keith White, general manager, GE Power & Water, Air Filtration.
GE Power & Water’s Air Filtration business helps customers achieve air quality and plant performance goals with products and solutions for gas turbine inlet filtration and industrial filtration. The filtration portfolio supports GE’s growing focus on the use of natural gas for power generation.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future