Posted by Heidi Schwartz
GE Power & Water’s Air Filtration business announced that it plans to locate its headquarters in Overland Park and create 170 positions there. The move is tentatively scheduled for late August 2013.
“I am excited to welcome GE Power & Water’s Air Filtration business to Kansas,” said Gov. Sam Brownback. “GE’s investment will help create good jobs in the state and will greatly benefit our economy, our business environment and Kansas workers.”
GE Air Filtration’s new location in Overland Park is designed to serve the evolving requirements of the company’s headquarters workforce. As part of the move to the new headquarters, GE plans to invest approximately $8.5 million.
“We are pleased that GE Air Filtration has decided to locate on the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, bringing with it exceptional expertise in the energy field, which we all know is experiencing increasing demand,” said Overland Park Mayor Carl Gerlach. “The campus is an ideal location for the business and its headquarters’ workforce.”
“The Gas Turbine Inlet Filtration side of our Air Filtration business saw significant growth over the last 12 months as reflected in our manufacturing locations in Slater, MO,” said Keith White, general manager, GE Power & Water, Air Filtration.
GE Power & Water’s Air Filtration business helps customers achieve air quality and plant performance goals with products and solutions for gas turbine inlet filtration and industrial filtration. The filtration portfolio supports GE’s growing focus on the use of natural gas for power generation.
You might like:
- Amazon Adding Two New Fulfillment Facilities In California
- Business Report: Illinois Leaders Form Non-Profit to Spur Job Creation
- Industry Focus: Aerospace Sector Is Flying High Again
- Data Cowboys
- Kansas City Launches “Smart City” Initiative
- Leading FDI Experts Analyze Global Trends At LiveXchange
- Chicago Celebrates Technology Startup Hub Expansion, 700 New Tech Jobs
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries HQ Moving To Texas
- Michigan Hot Dog Maker To Expand, Hire 140 Workers
- Shopping Bag Manufacturer Creating 100 Jobs In Georgia
- Last Chance
- Automotive Parts Supplier Expanding In Indiana
- Salesforce To Grow Regional HQ, Add 800 Jobs In Indiana
- Advanced Manufacturing Industry: Dynamic Advancements
- Two-Way Street
- TeamHealth Expanding In Knoxville, TN
- State Focus: New York – Accelerating Biotech Innovation In The Empire State