Culligan International Opens Expanded Facility In Libertyville, IL
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Culligan®, a provider of filtration and water softening solutions, has opened a new, expanded facility in Libertyville, IL. The expansion features 217,000 square feet of prime manufacturing, assembly, warehousing and office space. Approximately 75,000 square feet is dedicated to manufacturing—triple the capacity of Culligan’s previous facility.
Distinguished attendees of the opening ceremonies included Dan Seals, Deputy Director of the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, Allan Connolly, Chief Operating Officer, Culligan, Julie Carducci, Office Director, United States Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, Commercial Service, and Libertyville Mayor Terry Weppler.
“I would like to thank Mr. Seals, Ms. Carducci and Mr. Weppler for their tireless efforts to support and promote business in our state and in our local area. Culligan’s expansion in Libertyville creates exciting new possibilities for water solutions in the global market. With three times more manufacturing space and the ability to house design through manufacturing under one roof, we are certain to reach new levels of innovation, productivity and speed,” said Connolly.
Connolly also applauded IL Gov. Pat Quinn for focusing on the importance of access to clean water through the $1 billion Clean Water Initiative. Launched last fall, this initiative is aimed at ensuring that every resident in Illinois has access to safe, clean water.
“I am committed to building on our state’s global leadership in the water technology industry,” said Gov. Quinn. “As one of the pioneers in water treatment, Culligan is deepening its business commitment to Illinois with this expansion and contributing to our state’s growth as a water hub.”
Besides tripling the manufacturing space, the Libertyville facility also provides additional office space, enabling Culligan to bring together design and application engineers and project managers in one location, streamlining the development of solutions for clients across a wide array of industries.
Approximately 70 employees work at the Libertyville facility. In all, Culligan employs more than 200 people in Illinois including staff at its global headquarters located in Rosemont, representing the majority of its US-based staff and approximately 10% of its employees worldwide. Company representatives anticipate that the new facility will generate a number of jobs in the Libertyville area. In addition to direct company employees, Culligan has 35 dealers in Illinois, each of which has its own group of employees.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming