Business Facilities In The News: Alabama scores high as ‘rising automotive powerhouse’
Alabama scores high in Business Facilities ranking as ‘rising automotive powerhouse’
Made In Alabama
Posted on July 24, 2013
Expanding production in Alabama’s auto industry means the state is “coming on strong as a rising automotive powerhouse,” according to a new Business Facilities ranking.
The publication, which targets site consultants and economic developers, ranked Alabama No. 2 in its annual state Automotive Manufacturing Strength ranking, up from No. 7 in the previous year. The state’s auto industry had a record year in 2012, producing more than 880,000 vehicles — a figure that is likely to be eclipsed this year.
Read the rest of the release here.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility