LIVEXCHANGE UPDATE: “This is a conference you should have on your radar screen,” says Ed Burghard
By Ed Burghard
This post provides my notes from the second day of the Business Facilities LiveXchange Conference. The overarching theme over the two days has been the growing importance of skilled labor as a differentiator between locations and the need for economic development professionals to have effective strategies in place to ensure their communities are places people want to live and grow in. This is a paradigm shift from the model of attracting companies to attract people. The new world paradigm is to attract people to attract companies. Every EDO should evaluate their strategic plan to assess if changes are required to deal with the new reality.
Burghard, CEO & Manager, Burghard Group and a Business Facilities LiveXchange speaker, wrote this post about his experience at the 2013 event.
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment