Tech Park Opens New Digital Media Incubator: Level Up Lab
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Louisiana Technology Park has announced the opening of a new, state-of-the-art digital media studio called Level Up Lab. Level Up will be the first of its kind in the South and will provide qualified, pre-screened companies the chance to create games, mobile apps and other digital content in the 1800 square foot studio inside the Tech Park.
The goal of Level Up Lab is to provide teams with the tools, mentors and business consultation needed to launch their products into the digital media marketplace. The Lab was made possible in part through an investment from the Delta Regional Authority, a federal-state partnership that is congressionally mandated to help create jobs, build communities, and improve lives in the 252 counties and parishes of the Delta.
The Lab will also house a motion capture studio, sound recording space, Wacom Cintiq tablets, and other hardware and software teams will need to produce top-notch video games and apps. As part of the program, teams will also have the help of Tech Park staff members in marketing and public relations, as well as finance and fundraising. Additionally, they’ll gain access to mentors industry veterans from across the country, either though face-to-face or Skype meetings.
In addition to Tech Park staff and national video game industry veterans, the teams will also benefit from the expertise of Dane Caro, a local industry veteran who will have an office in the Lab. Three teams have already been accepted into the program, including BitFinity, DiegoRivera.tv and Stasis Soft. The teams will be working on various respective projects for PC, iOS, Android and online platforms.
Other posts by Heidi Schwartz
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide