Schwabe North America Locates To Northern Nevada
Schwabe North America and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) have announed the opening of a west coast distribution center in Reno, NV. Schwabe is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high quality dietary supplements headquartered in Green Bay, WI.
EDAWN, along with Greg Shutt and Chris Fairchild from Avison Young, assisted Schwabe with their move to Reno and are excited to introduce such a promising company to the region. Schwabe plans to hire an initial 25 employees for their operations in a variety of positions and to employ 50 within five years.
Tom Krajewski, Director of Distribution and Facilities for Schwabe said, “The decision to locate a Schwabe North America distribution center in the Reno area was influenced by several factors including the economic and service advantages of distributing our product offerings from the western U.S. as well as the strong presence of distribution expertise and infrastructure established in the Reno-Sparks area. These factors have made Northern Nevada particularly the Reno-Sparks’ area more attractive than other locations which Schwabe North America vetted during the process of site selection for our Western Distribution Center. In the western U.S., we considered locations in AZ and CA before making our choice of Reno-Sparks, NV. Additionally, SNA is aware of the benefits that the State Incentive Program has to offer which was an added factor in our decision to relocate our expanding operation to the Reno area.”
“Another excellent company has determined that Reno-Sparks is the place to be for distribution. Schwabe’s announcement reinforces our message that we are a great place to do business. We look forward to continuing our work with Schwabe as they become established and grow here in the years ahead,” said Mike Kazmierski, CEO at EDAWN.
Other posts by Heidi Schwartz
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide