DSI Underground Systems, Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of specialist ground support products for the mining and tunneling industry, announced plans to locate a steel fabrications plant in Evansville, IN, creating up to 44 new jobs by 2017.
The Salt Lake City, UT-based company will invest $1.8 million to lease and equip a 32,000 square-foot facility on five acres in the Vanderburgh Industrial Park, a state certified shovel ready site in Vanderburgh County. The facility will allow DSI to fabricate raw steel materials into roof bolts, plates and other steel products for the mining industry in southwest Indiana, southern Illinois and western Kentucky.
“Governor Pence’s focus on fiscal stability and creating a low-tax environment for businesses to succeed continues to pay off. DSI’s announcement proves, once again, that Indiana is a state that works for business. DSI is going to enjoy calling Evansville home,” said Victor Smith, Indiana Secretary of Commerce.
“This facility accommodates the company’s current staff and enables further expansion for DSI’s growth in the Midwest,” said Jim Pinkley, president and general manager of DSI. “This new location provides us with a facility where we can advance our lean manufacturing strategies and showcase our world class operations, allowing us to provide even better services to our customers and continuing to exceed their expectations.”
Founded in 1950, DSI manufactures post-tensioning and geotechnical systems for the construction industry. The company, which operates six manufacturing facilities in the United States, also produces ground control solutions for the underground and mining industries, specifically the coal, hard rock and tunneling sectors.
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation offered DSI Underground Systems, Inc. up to $350,000 in conditional tax credits and up to $50,000 in training grants based on the company’s job creation plans. The city of Evansville approved additional tax abatement at the request of the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville and One Southern Indiana.
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities