Posted by Heidi Schwartz
AES Corporation, the parent company of Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), plans to locate its U.S. business unit headquarters in Indianapolis, IN, creating up to 100 high wage jobs by the end of 2014. The company, one of the world’s largest independent power producers, will invest approximately $1.2 million to align its U.S. operations support in Indianapolis. The 21 AES businesses across the country will transition to operate as one strategic business unit, housed at IPL’s existing headquarters at the Electric Building on Monument Circle.
“We are proud that a global company like AES has chosen Indiana as its hub for all U.S. operations,” said Pence. “Indiana’s unmatched business climate, central location and strong workforce continue to set us apart and make our state the best place for companies to expand and more effectively run their business.”
“This decision demonstrates AES’ commitment to Indiana,” said Ken Zagzebski, the new president of AES’ U.S. strategic business unit and chief executive officer of IPL. “AES decided to expand here primarily due to the excellent business and regulatory climate we have in the state.”
Founded in 1981, AES provides sustainable energy to 23 countries through a diverse portfolio of distribution and generation businesses. The Fortune 200 global power company has 2,400 MW of power plants under development in eight countries.
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation offered AES Corporation up to $2,750,000 in conditional tax credits and up to $87,500 in training grants based on the company’s job creation plans. The city of Indianapolis supports the project at the request of Develop Indy, a business unit of the Indy Chamber.
“IPL has always been a valued partner in our community and we welcome its parent company’s expanded presence in Indianapolis,” said Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard. “Our community will benefit from AES’ commitment to bring high-wage job opportunities to our skilled workforce.”
You might like:
- 1,000th Michigan Business Lands Energy Incentives
- California, Illinois, Texas Lead The Charge Toward A Modernized Power Grid
- AvePoint Expanding In Richmond And Arlington County, Virginia
- Super Bowl 50 To Generate Over $220M For San Francisco Bay Area
- Grid Stars
- Valmiera Glass To Invest $90M In Georgia
- Indiana Electrical Grid Management Firm Adding 80+ Jobs
- Sustainable Corrugated Investing $15M In Georgia
- Olympus Will Build National Service Center in Bartlett, TN
- Rapid Growth Leads 2U To New Maryland HQ
- Illinois Is Top State For LEED Green Building
- Icy Hot
- Walking the Walk: Innovation Summit
- Business Facilities LiveXchange Announces 2016 Keynote Panel
- Daimler Trucks To Invest $22.7M In SC Freightliner Facilities