GreatCall, EDAWN Announce 400 Jobs Reno, NV
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
GreatCall, Inc. and the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN) announced the opening of a new call center location in Reno, NV. The move will bring approximately 400 business support jobs to Reno throughout the next five years, including 75 jobs within the first six months.
GreatCall offers wireless health and safety services for aging consumers and their families. Founded in 2006, the company is widely recognized as the creator of the Jitterbug, as well as the popular 5Star Urgent Response. The company also supports a suite of health and medical apps such as Urgent Care and MedCoach.
GreatCall’s Reno location will serve as a call center for the company’s mobile health and safety offerings, housing a customer service team, 24/7 live operator assistance and a team of 5Star Urgent Response agents. Headquartered in San Diego, CA, GreatCall currently employs more than 500 U.S.based, full-time staff.
“As mobile safety and health solutions become more prevalent each year, it is critical to meet this expanding demand with highly trained emergency responders and customer care representatives,” said David Inns, president and CEO at GreatCall. “Our new facility and expanded team of experts will allow us to continue to provide the superior level of personalized service for which GreatCall is known.”
Nev. Gov. Brian Sandoval, City of Reno Mayor Bob Cashell, EDAWN Chair Stephanie Kruse, Collier International’s Melissa Molyneaux and Tim Ruffin, and Nevada Job Connect’s John Parel joined EDAWN CEO Mike Kazmierski in welcoming GreatCall, Inc. to northern Nevada.
“We are thrilled to welcome GreatCall to our community.” Said, Mike Kazmierski, CEO of EDAWN, “The 400 new quality jobs they bring is one of our largest announcements over the past 10 years. More importantly, they are a high growth company in a growing, health and safety sector.”
You might like:
- Feature Story: Georgia Governor’s Report – Georgia’s High-Powered Growth Engine 2839 Views
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings 1681 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners 1547 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders 1533 Views
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment 1505 Views