Motor Vehicle Parts Suppliers Are Nation’s Largest Employer of Manufacturing Jobs
A new economic impact study confirms that the motor vehicle parts manufacturers industry, made up of the original equipment, aftermarket, heavy duty and remanufacturing sectors, is the largest employer of manufacturing jobs in the United States. The industry directly employs more than 734,000 American workers and generates nearly $355 billion in GDP contribution, or 2.3 percent of the total U.S. GDP.
The study, released by the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) in collaboration with IHS, the leading global source of information and analytics, shows that the total employment impact for motor vehicle parts manufacturers in the U.S. was more than 3.62 million jobs in 2012.
“Motor vehicle parts manufacturers are the largest creators of manufacturing jobs in the nation. With a presence in all 50 states, this industry is important to the health and success of American manufacturing, and to the future of this country,” said Bob McKenna, president and CEO of MEMA.
|Top 15 States for U.S. Direct Employment|
“The study conducted by IHS provides valuable information for policymakers on the industry’s overall impact on the U.S. economy,” said McKenna. “We hope the data will be used as a resource for our nation’s leaders to continue working to create a sustainable and vibrant manufacturing environment.”
The economic impact study is available here.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana