Faurecia North America Grows Into A New Headquarters In Auburn Hills, MI
In Michigan, automotive supplier Faurecia has opened six new locations since 2010 and a total of 13 sites that collectively employ more than 4,000 people. Its success has led Faurecia North America to begin construction on a new headquarters building that also will house technical centers for Faurecia Automotive Seating and Faurecia Automotive Exteriors.
“As the auto industry has reinvented itself over the past few years, Faurecia has been a notable success story,” said Faurecia North America President Mike Heneka. “We have grown substantially and now we are ready to extend our technical centers and headquarters operations to support that growth further. Our new location presents a distinctive opportunity to build from the ground up in a way that most suits our needs and to centralize our technical teams and administrative functions.”
Upon the building’s completion in the spring of 2014, up to 700 employees will be transferred to the building from three smaller Michigan facilities. The Faurecia Interior Systems Technical Center will remain at its current location in Auburn Hills. Faurecia Emissions Control Technologies will continue to be based in Columbus, IN.
The technical centers in the new facility will carry out prototype development, testing and light assembly activities to further Faurecia North America’s commitment to pioneering advanced vehicle systems to meet the auto industry’s evolving needs.
“Faurecia has called Auburn Hills its home for 10 years, and we enjoy an excellent relationship with the city’s leadership team,” Heneka said. “They have been a strong partner in the momentum we have generated, and we are pleased to be expanding our presence in the city.”
Shop and testing areas will be upgraded and organized for improved efficiency, and considerably more meeting space will be available. The 278,000 square foot building will include a new showroom, dedicated innovation areas, numerous conferences spaces, a larger break room and plentiful parking for employees and visitors.
“Auburn Hills is thrilled to add Faurecia’s North American headquarters to our roster of leading national and international manufacturers headquartered here,” said Pete Auger, Auburn Hills City Manager. “Companies like Faurecia are terrific corporate citizens and bring tremendous value to Auburn Hills, solidifying our reputation as the premier global manufacturing address in the Midwest.”
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future