TVA And Deloitte Consulting Name First Metro Primary Data Center Site
The Tennessee Valley Authority and Deloitte Consulting have approved TVA’s first metro-area primary data center site in the Corridor Park in Knoxville. To be considered a metro site, the location must have at least 10 acres, a minimum of 5 megawatts of power capacity and diverse fiber optic feeds available.
The selection process is part of TVA’s Economic Development target industry recruitment efforts. Knoxville is one of only 20 available data center sites designated as “primary ready for development” in the TVA service area.
“Having this site identified as a primary data center location gives the Knox County area an advantage in the highly competitive site selection process,” said John Bradley, TVA senior vice president for Economic Development. “We are glad to work with the Knoxville Chamber, local utilities and other community, state and regional leaders to actively market these sites to companies as part of our global economic development recruitment efforts.”
Doug Lawyer, vice president of economic development for the Knoxville Chamber, believes the designation will be a useful recruiting tool for the area.
“I look forward to touting the advantages of the Knoxville site to intensive capital investment and high wage prospective data center end users,” Lawyer said. “Thanks to TVA and my local utility and development partners for helping us along in this process.”
You might like:
- Mary Kay Chooses Lewisville, TX For New Global Manufacturing, R&D Operations
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- NTN Driveshaft Adding 500+ Jobs in Indiana
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Shell Chemical To Invest $717M In Louisiana Olefins Expansion
- GE To Add 120 Jobs, Invest $7.4M In Iowa Manufacturing Facility
- Talent, Technology Emerging Keys To Manufacturing Investment
- State Focus: Texas Diversity
- General Cable Industries Relocating Operations To Lawrenceburg, KY
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Michigan Incentives and Workforce Development Guide