January/February 2013 Issue (Volume 46, Number 1)
First Word | Making The Call
Snapshots: 60 Seconds | with Greg Canfield, Secretary, Alabama Department of Commerce
Business Report: Utah – Life Sciences Grow High-Wage Jobs In The Beehive State | Utah’s life science industry has been on the rise, increasing job numbers and wages along the way.
Cover Story: Deal Of The Year 2012 | Baxter International’s decision to make a $1.3-billion investment in an expansion of its bio-pharmaceutical manufacturing promises to propel the Peach State into the front ranks of national biotech powerhouses.
Feature Story: Semiconductor HUBS – MACRO Growth From MICRO Chips | The nanotech circuits on today’s microchips can’t be seen with the human eye, but they support a $150-billion industry. Download our comprehensive look at the leading high-tech hubs that are generating gigabytes of growth.
International Profile: Mexico – Mexico’s Export Economy Adds Emerson | Mexico is counting on a reliable workforce, countless industrial parks and a robust network of trade agreements to lift its fortunes in 2013. Join us as we sample the wares of a Latin American leader.
Business Report: Georgia – GA Notches Record Job Growth And Investment In 2012 | Georgia Economic Development’s Global Commerce Division is helping to generate record job growth and investment for the Peach State.
Industry Focus: Points of Entry for Cash-Rich Cargo | Book passage now and take our tour of the leading ports and FTZs.
Business Report: Ohio – Ohio Launches Incumbent Workforce Training Voucher Program | The Buckeye State puts its best foot forward with a new employer-driven training program.
Location Focus: California Dreamin’: A Rebound Fueled By New Energy | The Golden State emerges from the big downturn with its head held high and a bonanza beckoning beneath its feet.
Location Focus: Kansas – Diversification From The Ground Up | Kansas is much more than the nation’s breadbasket. Let us fill your plate with a hefty helping of new developments.
Business Report: Virginia – Streamlining FTZ Process Speeds Business Development In Virginia | Businesses that wish to locate in Culpeper’s FTZ will now face a much easier application process.
Feature Story: State Of The Year – Texas | The dynamic and diverse economy of the Lone Star State made it a hands down pick for our most prestigious annual designation.
Business Report: Florida – EC Railway, Port Everglades Join Forces On Intermodal | A Floridian partnership will help encourage use of a new intermodal container transfer facility.
Inside LiveXchange: LiveXchange Review | Here are the highlights from our blue-ribbon panel of expert presentations at last year’s event, our most successful ever.
To subscribe to BF, visit this link.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future
- Logistics Networks Are Getting Back On Track
- Panama Canal: Bigger, Better and Ready to Rumble
- Bell Inc. To Invest $30M In Ohio Carton Manufacturing Facility
- Business Facilities LiveXchange 2016 Registration Now Open
- The Tree Pods are Coming
Topic Tags: BF-Jan/Feb-2013