Mercedes-Benz R&D Opens Expanded TechCenter In Long Beach, CA
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA) held the official grand opening of its modernized and expanded Long Beach, CA TechCenter. The expansion will enable the facility to support Daimler’s strong growth in the U.S. market while playing a key role in supporting the Mercedes-Benz zero-emissions alternative drivetrain program.
This marks the second expansion of the facility which began operation back in 1997. The recent expansion provides the TechCenter with nearly 7,500 square feet of additional space allowing it to keep up with the growing demand for Mercedes-Benz vehicles which are achieving their highest volumes ever in the U.S. market.
Virtually every area of the expanded facility has been updated, including the workshop to provide increased flexibility and efficiencies in all testing. The highly versatile and experienced staff along with state-of-the-art testing equipment ensures that the TechCenter can provide unsurpassed testing quality for Daimler AG.
You might like:
- Business Facilities’ 11th Annual Rankings Report: Metro and Global Rankings
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Austin, Nashville, Raleigh Are Metro Frontrunners
- Eli Lilly and Company To Expand Indianapolis R&D Headquarters
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Metro Rankings Report: Indiana Metros Are Exports Leaders
- Business Facilities’ 2015 Global Rankings Report: China Leads In Renewable Energy Investment
- Business Report: Tennessee – DENSO Manufacturing Expanding in Maryville, TN
- Business Report – California: Largest Solar Facility On Earth Goes Operational
- Business Report – North Carolina: Growing Innovation Throughout The Tarheel State
- Alcoa Expands R&D Center Near Pittsburgh
- U.S. Innovation Hubs: Inventing the Future